Dan is a Norwegian director and designer currently based in Sydney, Australia.
He began his career as a motion designer after graduating from Billy Blue College of Design with a degree in Digital Media Design. However, he soon realised that to tell the raw, human stories he was itching to tell, he needed humans in front of a lens instead of pixels on a screen, so he made the switch from motion graphics to film direction. While working in 3D he acquired a solid understanding of cinematography and storytelling, while also grasping the VFX workflow, and he is now building on these skills and principles through the film medium.
Dan still works with pixels, but surrounding himself with talented crew and actors to put a vision to life has sparked a newfound love for the craft.
Get in touch at email@example.com
- 2017 // Honorable Mention in ADOBE DESIGN ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS 2017.
- 2017 // ADC Bronze Winner (Student- Craft in Motion - Direction).
- 2017 // 5x Vega Awards Winner.
- 2016 // 3x Semi Finalist in in ADOBE DESIGN ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS 2016.
- 2015 // Winner & 2x Semi Finalist in ADOBE DESIGN ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS 2015.
- 2014 // Won the 30 Days Of After Effects-contest with School of Motion.
- 2018// Featured at The Hall of Fame.
- 2017 // Featured at The Art of Styleframe.
- 2017 // Adobe Student Profile.
- 2017 // Featured on Behance.
- 2016 // Maxon Case Study.
- 2015 // Article on Adobe Design Achievement Awards.
- 2015 // Featured on Business Insider.
- 2015 - Currently // Freelance.
- 2014 - 2017 // Bachelor in Digital Media Design @Billy Blue College of Design Sydney.